The silk dome tweeter is prized by audiophiles for delivering realistic, non-fatiguing, high-frequency performance.
The C2 component tweeters are built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs.
Inline 12 dB / octave high-pass filters with tweeter protectors are included with this kit. The C2-075ct is designed to operate above 4 kHz with a minimum high-pass slope of 12 dB / octave.
Sonic character: Clean and Powerful
Sold as a pair.
Silk Dome Tweeter
Light, fast moving silk dome material promotes high-frequency accuracy.
Silk is a natural material with inherently good characteristics as a tweeter diaphragm. In addition to being very light in weight, silk exhibits excellent damping properties, which reduces ringing and resonances in the tweeter’s passband, leading to a smooth, pleasing high-frequency character free from unnatural sibilance or exaggerated brightness. Compared to a harder material dome, a silk tweeter does not exhibit as much ultra-high frequency extension, but is preferred by many audiophiles for its overall balance.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS)* 60 W
- Peak Music Power* 150 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.)* 25 - 100 W
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 4 kHz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB
Tweeter Physical Specifications
- Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1) 1.87 in / 48 mm
- Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2) 1.69 in / 43 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 1.625 in / 41 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C) 0.76 in / 19 mm
- Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1) 0.29 in / 7 mm
- Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2) 0.92 in / 23 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.