The Evolution C2 systems deliver sparkling high-frequency detail, smooth mid-range and powerful mid-bass, thanks to real silk dome tweeters and long linear excursion woofer designs.
The C2-650 system features 6.5-inch (165 mm) component woofers with mineral-filled polypropylene cones, long excursion capabilities and stamped steel frames. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The 6.5-inch (165 mm) format is a direct fit in many vehicles. Multiple mounting patterns are provided on the woofer frame for easy installation into most vehicles that accept a 6.5-inch (165 mm) speaker.
The C2 component tweeters are built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver smooth, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs.
C2 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Three levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as a tweeter protector.
Woofer grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray with satin silver accents and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
Sonic character: Clean and Dynamic
Sold as a pair.
Silk Dome Tweeter
Light, fast moving silk dome material promotes high-frequency accuracy.
Silk is a natural material with inherently good characteristics as a tweeter diaphragm. In addition to being very light in weight, silk exhibits excellent damping properties, which reduces ringing and resonances in the tweeter’s passband, leading to a smooth, pleasing high-frequency character free from unnatural sibilance or exaggerated brightness. Compared to a harder material dome, a silk tweeter does not exhibit as much ultra-high frequency extension, but is preferred by many audiophiles for its overall balance.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 60 W
- Peak Music Power 225 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.) 15 - 100 W
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 59 Hz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB
Woofer Physical Specifications
- Frame Outer Diameter* (A) 6.5 in / 165 mm
- Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B) 6.84 in / 174 mm
- Magnet Outer Diameter (C) 3.15 in / 80 mm
- Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion (D) N/A
- Frontal Grille Protrusion** (E) 0.85 in / 22 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (F) 5.56 in / 141 mm
- Mounting Depth (G) 2.44 in / 62 mm
Tweeter Physical Specifications
- Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1) 1.87 in / 48 mm
- Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2) 1.69 in / 43 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 1.625 in / 41 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C) 0.76 in / 19 mm
- Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1) 0.29 in / 7 mm
- Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2) 0.92 in / 23 mm
Crossover Physical Specifications
- Width (W) 3.36 in / 85 mm
- Height (H) 1.44 in / 37 mm
- Depth (D) 4.72 in / 120 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.