Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M-Series component speakers deliver maximum audio performance in any open-air boating environment.
The M100-CT is a 1-inch, pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. You will appreciate the clean, articulate high-frequency response of the M-Series dome tweeter, especially at higher volume levels.
This tweeter MUST be used with an appropriate crossover network or high-pass filter. A pair of inline high-pass filters is supplied in this kit. Please use them if no other crossover is being applied.
Please note: this listing is for two component tweeters, with surface-mount and flush-mount fixtures, plus two passive high-pass filters.
Sold as a pair.
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Precision Built in U.S.A.
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. All W7’s, W6’s, TW5’s, TW3's, W3v3’s and some of our ZR products. We also build our Marine Speaker Systems, Home Subwoofers, Stealthbox® products and the vast majority of our enclosed subwoofer systems in Florida.
To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities. This commitment to state-of-the-art technology allows our highly skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards.
While it is also feasible to build good quality products overseas (and we do build some of our products in Europe and Asia), it can be challenging when the product’s technology is innovative or complex. Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we prefer that the people who design them have close access to the people manufacturing them.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS)* 100 W
- Peak Music Power* 300 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.)* 40 - 175 W
- System Efficiency 91.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 4 kHz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A) 2.38 in / 60 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 1.875 in / 48 mm
- Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C) 0.70 in / 18 mm
- Surface Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (D) 2.44 in / 62 mm
- Flush Mount Protrusion (E) 1.02 in / 26 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.