The same principle that makes our 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in our M880-CCX 8.8-inch coaxials.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over our 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M880-CCX's are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than our M770-CCX 7.7-inch coaxial systems! The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired.
To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, our engineers have designed an oversized (1.20-inch), silk dome tweeter for this model. This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A high-quality, true 2-way crossover network precisely filters and balances the coaxial system for outstanding fidelity.
Although M880-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel.
Sold as a pair.
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Precision Built in U.S.A.
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. All W7’s, W6’s, TW5’s, TW3's, W3v3’s and some of our ZR products. We also build our Marine Speaker Systems, Home Subwoofers, Stealthbox® products and the vast majority of our enclosed subwoofer systems in Florida.
To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities. This commitment to state-of-the-art technology allows our highly skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards.
While it is also feasible to build good quality products overseas (and we do build some of our products in Europe and Asia), it can be challenging when the product’s technology is innovative or complex. Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we prefer that the people who design them have close access to the people manufacturing them.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 125 W
- Peak Music Power 250 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.) 50 - 250 W
- System Efficiency 90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance 4 Ω
- System Frequency Response 38 Hz - 20 KHz ± 3 dB
Coaxial Physical Specifications
- Mounting Depth (F) 5.18 in / 132 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E) 7.375 in / 187 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion* (D) 1.45 in / 37 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B) 7.97 in / 202 mm
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter (C) 5.5 in / 140 mm
- Frame Outer Diameter (A) 8.80 in / 224 mm
Download User Manual
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.