JL Audio RD400/4 4-Channel Class D Amplifier
Lots of power, installer-friendly design and options for every audio enthusiast, all make it easy to choose a JL Audio RD Series amplifier.
The RD400/4 has the do-it-yourself audiophile completely in mind. Capable of pushing out up to 100 watts of clean power to 4 channels at 2 ohms, this amp has the flexibility to push your cabin speakers, your subwoofers, or a combination of them depending on your needs. The RD multi-channel amps have built-in 12 dB/octave low-pass filters and three turn-on modes: Traditional 12-volt trigger, signal sensing and DC offset. Top off the package with a sleek, single-cast piece of aluminum in black powdercoat and blue LEDs, and your power looks as clean as it sounds.
Designed For Installers
JL Audio’s engineers had professional and at-home installers in mind with the RD Series. All of the inputs and controls are on the same side of the chassis, simplifying the setup whether you’re in a shop or in your driveway. The output clipping indicators on each channel section mean you don’t need specialized tools to accurately set the gain. A remote level control input gives you the option to install a bass level knob, sold separately, in the front seat, giving you full control over the bass output for every song you play.
NexD™ Switching Technology
The RD Series also incorporates JL Audio’s NexD Switching Tehnology. Since Class D amplifiers have a tendency to produce distortion at some ranges, NexD Switching helps cancel it out before feedback is ever applied. All of this helps ensure the some of the cleanest possible signal to your subwoofer and speakers from your brand new Class D amplifier.
- JL Audio RD-Series RD400/4
- Class-D 4-Channel Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.
- 1 ohm: ------------N/A------------
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan
- Total power output: 800 watts
- NexD™ Technology delivers outstanding sound quality, efficiency and reliability
- LED clipping indicators
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Soft start turn-on
- DC Offset-Sensing and Signal-Sensing (auto-on)
- Designed for high-level (speaker level) signals, not for lowlevel (preamp level) signals.
- The circuit senses the input signal from CH. 1 only.
- Mono channel operation
- Speaker-level (high-level) inputs
- Speaker Wire to RCA Cable Required, Sold Separately: JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW
- Bridging switch for each channel pair
- Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
- 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink for extreme heat dissipation
- Input sensitivity:
- Low level: 200mV - 2V
- High level: 800mV - 8V
- Frequency Response: 12 - 22,000Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1%
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 500 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable high-pass filter: 50 - 500 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave): 12 dB/octave
- Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +12 dB bass boost at 45 Hz
- Fuse Rating: 40 A x 1
- 4-8 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation
- Dimensions: 7"W x 9-3/16"L x 2-1/8"H
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.