- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amplifier design
- Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- Bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Subsonic filter (25 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- Warranty: 2 years
KENWOOD eXcelon products are specially developed to provide the ideal listening experience.
Maximum precision is achieved with top-end components for true musical indulgence. Receivers feature innovative technologies such as advanced smartphone connectivity and driver safety options.
We stand firmly behind the eXcelon products with a 2 Year Warranty.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 300 watts RMS x 1 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
Other Specifications: (not using the CEA 2006 criteria)
- Power Output: 500 watts RMS x 1 into 2Ω (at 100 Hz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power output)
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood X502-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofer with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is the amplifier runs more efficiently, generating less heat than Class AB amps. The Class D design also allows the amplifier to be built on a small chassis, and installed where space is limited.
Signal Sensing: The amplifier has a signal-sensing turn-on circuit on the speaker level input. When a signal (up to 50 watts) is detected on the speaker level inputs, the amplifier will automatically power on. When the signal is no longer detected, the amp will turn off. This allows you to install the amplifier without a remote turn-on lead if the speaker level input is used.
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity controls let you match the amplifier input to the preamp output level of the source unit. The rotary controls let you adjust the sensitivity between 200mV (0.2V) and 5V, with markings at 0.2V, 0.3V, 0.5V, 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V, and 5V.
- Low-Pass Filter: The built-in 24 dB/octave low-pass filter is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed). The crossover slope is 24dB/octave and the crossover point is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz, with markings at 50Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, and 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass output, centered at 40Hz. The rotary control lets you adjust the boost between 0dB and 18 dB, with markings at 0dB, 1dB, 3dB, 5dB, 8dB, 12dB, and 18dB.
- Infrasonic Filter: The infrasonic filter can be turned on or off, as desired. The filter slope is -24dB/octave at 25Hz.
- Line In: The line level RCA inputs will accept a signal between 200mV and 5V.
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier has screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on, and will accommodate spade connectors. The power and ground terminals are 0.55" wide and the remote turn-on terminal is 0.34" wide.
- Speaker Output: One pair of screw terminals is provided for connecting the subwoofer. The terminals are 0.34" wide, and accommodate spade connectors. The amplifier is designed for a 4Ω load, but can can handle a 2Ω load.
- Speaker Level Input: When an RCA line level signal is not available, use the included 8" speaker level input harness.
- Fuses: Two 30-amp ATC fuses are installed in the amplifier. With the 60-amp fuse rating, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended with a 60-amp (minimum) fuse installed within 18" of the battery.
- Remote: The RJ-14 connection is for the optional KCA-RC01A wired remote control (item number 113RC01A, sold separately), allowing output level adjustment from the front of your vehicle.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.