- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- Separate variable high-pass filters on front and rear channels (50-200 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- Variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- Variable bass boost on sub channel (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Warranty: 2 years
KENWOOD eXcelon products are specially developed to provide the ideal listening experience.
Maximum precision is achieved with top-end components for true musical indulgence. Receivers feature innovative technologies such as advanced smartphone connectivity and driver safety options.
We stand firmly behind the eXcelon products with a 2 Year Warranty.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 50 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
Other Specifications: (not using the CEA 2006 criteria)
- 2Ω: 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 1 kHz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD) + 500 watts RMS x 1 (at 100 Hz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged: 150 watts RMS x 2 (into 4Ω, at 1 kHz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD) + 300 watts RMS x 1 (into 4Ω, 20-200 Hz, 14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power output)
Channel Layout: The 5-channel amplifier is effectively three amps built into one chassis, two 2-channel amps labeled A (left and right) and B (left and right), and a mono amp labeled Sub. Both the A and B channels are bridgeable, so it can be wired as 5-channel, 4-channel, or 3-channel.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is the amplifier runs more efficiently, generating less heat than Class AB amps. The Class D design also allows the amplifier to be built on a small chassis, and installed where space is limited.
Signal Sensing: The amplifier has a signal-sensing turn-on circuit on the speaker level input. When a signal (up to 50 watts) is detected on the speaker level inputs, the amplifier will automatically power on. When the signal is no longer detected, the amp will turn off. This allows you to install the amplifier without a remote turn-on lead if the speaker level input is used.
Controls: The X802-5 features independent controls for the A channels (front), B channels (rear), and Sub channel. Each set of channels has independent controls:
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity controls let you match the amplifier input to the preamp output level of the source unit. The rotary controls let you adjust the sensitivity between 200mV (0.2V) and 5V, with markings at 0.2V, 0.3V, 0.5V, 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V, and 5V.
- Crossovers: The A and B amp sections have high-pass crossovers. A two position switch allows bypassing the crossover (Off, HPF). The crossover slope is 12dB per octave and the crossover point is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz. The Sub channel low-pass crossover is always active (cannot be bypassed). The crossover slope is 24dB per octave and the crossover point is also continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost (Sub channel only): The Bass Boost increases the bass signal of the Sub channel, centered at 40Hz. The rotary control lets you adjust the boost between 0dB and 18 dB.
- Input Selector: The Input Selector switch lets you set the input for the sub channel. Select Sub if there is a dedicated input for the sub channel, or AB if there is no input for the sub channel (there is an input for the A and B channels). In this case, the sub channel will be fed the signal from the A and B channels.
- Line In: The X802-5 has three pair of line level RCA inputs, A, B, and Sub. The amp will accept a signal between 200mV and 5V.
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier has screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on, and will accommodate spade connectors. The power and ground terminals are 0.55" wide and the remote turn-on terminal is 0.34" wide.
- Speaker Output: Five pair of screw terminals are provided for connecting the speakers. The terminals are 0.34" wide, and accommodate spade connectors. The amplifier is designed for a 4Ω load, but can can handle a 2Ω load.
- Speaker Level Input: When an RCA line level signal is not available, use the included 8" speaker level input harness.
- Fuses: Three 30-amp ATC fuses are installed in the amplifier. With the 90-amp fuse rating, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended with a 90-amp (minimum) fuse installed within 18" of the battery.
- Remote: The RJ-14 connection is for the optional KCA-RC01A wired remote control (item number 113RC01A, sold separately), allowing Sub channel output level adjustment from the front of your vehicle.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.