- 29mm Aluminum Alloy Dome Tweeter with Vertex Drive System
- Twaron® Aramid Fiber + Cellulose Fiber Dual Layer Cone Construction
- Oversized Magnet and Powerful Motor Assembly for Accurate Bass
- Designed for Hi-Res Audio
The Pioneer TS-Z65CH is Z based on highly advanced technology developed by Pioneer, employing carefully selected materials and parts, benefiting from our decades of automotive loudspeaker design theory and testing ability.
Following Pioneer’s OPEN & SMOOTH™ sound concept, the Z series of automotive loudspeakers features smooth off-axial frequency response, superior directivity and extended frequency range engineered specifically to produce dynamic, accurate sound quality for the car. The result is a purity of sound that achieves unprecedented audio artistry.
DESIGNED FOR HI-RES AUDIO
The quality of music recordings available to listeners has evolved. Hi-Res Audio recordings contain significantly more data compared to a standard CD recording and require a loudspeaker that is capable of smoothly reproducing frequencies of 40kHz or higher. The Z speakers are designed to deliver sound that’s clearer, sharper and more complex – reproducing music that is closer to the original performance.
29mm ALUMINUM ALLOY BALANCED DOME TWEETER
The Z tweeter’s aluminum alloy diaphragm allows the tweeter to remain pistonic and linear at ultrasonic frequencies. The unique diaphragm shape, developed using HSDOM (Harmonized Synthetic Diaphragm Optimum Method) computer analysis, accurately controls differential vibration produced by the diaphragm and improves high frequency dispersion.
Pioneer’s Vertex Drive System improves the mechanical coupling of the voice coil and the tweeter diaphragm, reducing distortion and coloration caused by low damping and increasing power handling.
DUAL LAYER CONE CONSTRUCTION
Twaron is a synthetic aramid fiber that is very strong, heat resistant and rigid when woven into a cloth material. Cellulose fibers are naturally self-damping and reduce unwanted resonance. The TS-Z65CH dual layer cone, constructed with both a Twaron layer and a cellulose layer, combines the strengths of both materials. The result is fast response and clear bass, with low coloration and distortion.
– Speaker Size (inches): 6 1/2
– Design: 2-way
– Tweeter Design: 1-1/8″ Dome
– Impedance (Ohms): 4
– Tweeter Composition: Aluminum
– Woofer Composition: Dual Layer Twaron/Cellulose
– Woofer Surround: Butyl Rubber
– Parts Warranty: 1 Year
– Labor Warranty: 1 Year
– Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter): 85
– Sensitivity at 2.83 volts: N/A
– Frequency Response: 30 – 96k Hz
– Minimum RMS Wattage: —
– Maximum RMS Wattage: 110
– Peak Power Handling (Watts): 330
– Top-mount Depth (Inches): 2 5/8
– Bottom-mount Depth (Inches): N/A
– Cutout Diameter or Length (inches): 5 9/16
Speaker Design: Component Systems
Speaker Size: 6.5″
RMS Power: 101 to 200 Watts
Weight: 0.43 kg